I personally think women are really easy to buy for, although my boyfriend may not agree. Perfume, accessories, a cute pair of shoes – what’s not to like? If my Secret Santa just happens to read this, here’s a list of presents I’d be happy to receive.
1) Calvin Klein velvet underwear set – I don’t know a woman that doesn’t own a set of Calvin’s. Why? Because they are the comfiest underwear to date and can make you feel like a Victoria Secret model all at once.
2) A clutch bag – I aspire to be the Carrie Bradshaw of Newcastle University. You can never have too many bags for each outfit and the wackier the pattern and colour, the more complete your outfit becomes. I’m a massive lover of statement accessory that stand out against a minimalist outfit. I’ve got my eye on the marabou clip frame bag from Topshop.
3) Golf Le Fleur x Converse Chuck Al Star 70 Hi – Tyler the Creator creates the most beautiful and cool designs. If I had all the money in the world, I would buy every pair of his shoes and t shirts. But I don’t so sadly I’ll have to choose my favourite. I think these high shoes are really classic and you can style them with way more outfits than his usual designs.
4) Accessorize tassel earrings – I love earrings that catch your eye. I’m not really a necklace or bracelet kind of girl so earrings are my way of accessorizing. Tassels have been really in this year and I want to leave 2018 with a bang, and I feel like a good outfit is going to help me do that.
5) It wouldn’t be Christmas without a new pyjama set. The two key components of a good Christmas pyjama’s set are: comfort and size. You want to be cosy and snug all winter and you want to make room for the inevitable food babies. I always stick to the classic tartan design.
6) The perfect Christmas day outfit – I want something that screams sparkle, sequins and glamour. I want to be as ‘extra’ as the Christmas tree. Dark greens, navy, silver and red are all on my Christmas wardrobe colour pallet and I think Urban Outfitters always has the perfect style, colour and patterns for my taste.
7) The classic white jumper – I’ve been struggling to find a white comfy jumper that isn’t cropped nor too long, without a turtleneck and looks like good quality. White jumpers are perfect for tucking into your skirt, wearing with any kind of trouser and add an extra layer to your dress (although maybe don’t wear it to a dinner date if you always spill food down your front like me).
8) Champion sweatshirt – although a little pricy, I think this brand is perfect for oversized clothing. Their styles tend to be neutral and simple, I don’t like clothing with huge branding plastered over the front. Nothing feels comfier than an oversized jumper and Champion is the perfect brand for this because you can still look like you’ve made an effort despite feeling like you’re wearing pjs.
9) Crocodile belt – we’d all love a Gucci belt but for us students, Topshop seems more practical.
10) Pastel winter accessories – I love pastel colours no matter the season and my mum always tells me to wear more hats because I suit them, so my new year’s resolution is to buy more hats. While scarfs can create the ultimate chic winter look paired with a long, belted winter coat.