- 2tbsp olive oil
- 300g mushrooms, chopped into LARGE pieces
- 3tsp paprika
- 1tsp garlic salt OR one clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 300ml vegetarian stock
- 1 pot crème fraiche
- 2tbsp Worchester sauce
- Pasta or rice to serve alongside your stroganoff
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in pan, sprinkling in paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once the olive oil is hot, add in the mushrooms, and fry for around five minutes.
- Turn down the heat on your hob, then add 300ml of vegetarian stock to your pan.
- Gently stir in one whole pot of crème fraiche, until the dish is cream in colour.
- Add 2tbsp of Worchester sauce to the pan, and stir in gently.
- Leave the stroganoff to thicken, ensuring the heat on your hob remains low. The dish should take between 20 and 30 minutes to thicken. For the best results, stir the dish frequently, to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan, and ensure it never boils. Taste the dish regularly, and add more flavouring if needed.
- Whilst the stroganoff simmers, prepare pasta, rice, or even bread to serve alongside the dish.
- When the stroganoff reaches a thick, silky consistency, and any liquid that is left in the pan is creamy rather than watery, it’s ready to serve.
- Bon appetit!
Last modified: 28th October 2019