1. Topshop £19.99 This vintage style watch will guarantee a genuine smile on her birthday. For a high-street take on a usually decadent 21st gift, this watch is far more suitable to a student budget. Its versatile style means that it will go with the rest of her wardrobe, and the best bit is nobody will guess it’s under £20.
2. Topshop £5 Channel Fendi with this bargain buy, a cute two-toned fluffy bag charm. Popular with our favourite fashion gals Cara and Kendall, a fluffy bag charm is a cheap way of revamping an old bag. There are multiple colours to choose from so if you’re feeling flush, buy 3 so she can change them up every couple of days. The perfect addition to any faux-fur lover’s collection.
3. Zara £39.99 Chunkier heels not only look amazing with almost every outfit but also offer a whole lot more comfort and practicality in the winter months. A pair of sock-style chunky heeled boots are a must-buy this season, so if the birthday girl is fashion conscious, well she probably already has a pair, but get her these anyway. After all, shoes are a girl’s best friends.
4. Balmain X H&M £99.99 I doubt there’s a girl out there who wouldn’t LOVE to get this Balmain x H&M jacket for their 21st birthday. After the infamous range from this almighty collaboration went off with a bang earlier this month, it’s hard to get your hands on a piece from the collection. But if you can, you’re onto a winner here.
5. H&M £24.99 An ideal gift for a girl who loves a party but is bored of a classic clutch. It may not be practical, not many gals have a spherical purse to pop in their spherical bag, but it’ll be the talking point of an outfit and with its classic black and gold colours, you can almost guarantee whoever you’re buying this for will like it.
6. Topshop £7.50 A perfect little gift for a 21st birthday, these birthstone necklaces are delicate and pretty, and are a cheaper alternative to the classic Pandora birthstone ring. The necklaces from Topshop give a little description about what your birth month means about you and so is a little bit more personal than just any necklace.
7. Topman £90 Okay, I am going to keep this description simple, I like this jacket. This classy and timeless piece is perfect to accompany you into adulthood. It’s made of a fairly heavy weight wool fabric, therefore perfect for the Geordie weather. It is machine washable, and thus perfect for us lazy youngsters who probably could not point out a dry cleaners if our lives depended on it.
2. Asos £4.50 Growing up means job interviews, meetings and all that boring stuff. I think this iPad case is practical yet trendy, with a classic design and expensive looking details such as the leather strap. Think man purse without the stigma. Luckily for us messy 21 year old lads, it’s made from smooth polyester, allowing you to wipe it down with a damp cloth. Last but not the least, its down from £12 to £4.50, but the birthday boy doesn’t need to know that.
9. Calvin Klein/Sports Direct £17.50 Every lad needs a pair of classy ‘tighty whities’. This timeless and classic brand, capable of giving any lad the “Bieber bulge”, with the help of Photoshop of course, is discounted to £17.50. One of the many hidden gems that can be found in sports direct.
10. Not on the High Street £47 Maybe I’m just all things technology and vintage, but I cannot get over these vintage watch movement cufflinks, made with polished rhodium plated settings which work perfectly with the vintage watch movements. I highly doubt anyone else at the party will have a pair.
11. Topman £8 You’ve probably spent all your money by your 21st birthday, but probably still have your debit card to fall back on. It’s made of a supple faux leather body that screams “I’m broke but I still have assets”. Another advantage of this gift is that you can store cards and small amounts of cash without that massive ‘bulge’ peeping out of your ‘extra’ skinny jeans.
12. Topman £25 Roll-neck jumpers are a staple wardrobe item for men. The soft, thin material means you can wear it on a night out without the fear of uncontrollable sweating. A perfect present for the cold winter months in Newcastle.