Thursday's Twitter statement revealed that the re-opening plans have been postponed until the report of the review and its recommendations had been published.
Lucy Armstrong said: "we both recognise that in order to give Tyneside Cinema the best opportunity for future success it is right that we both move aside and allow a new team to take over."
The news comes after the cinema encouraged previous members of staff to contact Tyneside as part of the independent review being launched into the company. 200 past and present members of staff came forward to complain about the systemic failure to handle bullying and harassment in the workplace.
But after publishing FAQs in a thread of three Tweets, many comments questioned the reliability of how the review would be carried out.
"As part of our re-opening plans," Armstrong said, "staff will be involved in sessions to review the conclusions of the review prior to their release to the public."
Holli Keeble added; "we have worked hard to put the framework in place to sustain the future of the Tyneside Cinema, and we believe that it is in the best interest of the charity that a new team takes these plans forward."
Keeble was set to leave "in the coming days", with Armstrong following as soon as the results of the review have been made public. An interim Chair and CEO have been appointed in the meantime.
Featured Image: Sam Judson on Flickr