Perfect for sharing: What is not to love about a Big Night In? Turn on the music, pour the drinks and serve up these 'fill-your-own gyros' to your housemates and loved ones!
- 6 chicken thighs; boned and skin on
- 110g plain/Greek yoghurt
- 2tsp chilli flakes
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 2tbsp paprika (smoked or unsmoked)
- 2tbsp fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil (for greasing)
- 280g self-raising flour
- 280g plain/Greek yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- 2tsp paprika
- 2tsp fennel seeds
- 100g butter
- Fresh coriander
- Avocados (sliced)
- Lettuce leaves (shredded)
- Lemon (wedges)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- Grilled halloumi
- Plain/Greek yoghurt
- Grated cheese
- Make your marinade: Add 110g of yoghurt to a bowl. Stir in: chilli flakes, garlic powder, paprika, fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken thighs to the bowl. Make sure all the meat is coated. Cover and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge. (If you forgot to prep the night before - don't worry! 1-2 hours will be enough time to start tenderising the meat).
- Remove the chicken thighs from the bowl and place skin-side up on an oiled tray. Sprinkle with extra salt.
- Make your flat bread dough: combine flour, yoghurt, salt, pepper, paprika and fennel seeds in a bowl. When the dough has roughly come together, tip it out and knead until soft. The dough should be slightly sticky, but if it really hard to work with, add a little more flour. Cover and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a microwave and stir in chopped coriander. Set aside.
- Prepare any accompaniments.
- After 5-10 minutes, divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out on a floured surface until they are about 7mm thick. Heat up a dry frying pan until smoking hot.
- Put your chicken under a pre-heated grill for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and the skin has started to blacken. When the chicken is cooked, cover with foil and leave in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- When your pan is hot, cook your flatbreads for 4 minutes, turning half way. The flatbreads will be ready to turn when little air pockets have formed and turned golden brown. After each flatbread has cooked, brush with your coriander butter.
- Serve: arrange your chicken, flatbreads and accompaniments so that your guests can help themselves and build their perfect gyros!
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)