This recipe is one that is very special to me. During the first lockdown, I fell in love with cooking and trying new recipes. Tired of the same dishes, I decided to branch out. I craved an Asian inspired dish, but with all takeaways being closed I made an attempt myself. Since then, this dish has been a family and friend favourite and one that reminds me of a time where cooking brought me so much happiness.
Crispy Honey Chilli Chicken (Serves 1-2)
- Chicken (1 breast per person)
- 1/2 White onion
- Sunflower oil
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Corn flour
- 3 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Easy garlic
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Start with the sauce; in a bowl add the ketchup, honey, garlic, sriracha, salt and pepper to taste, mix until combined and set aside.
- Next up pre heat the oil by placing a large pan on high heat and filling it with sunflower oil (up to 2 cm).
- Then prep the chicken by cutting it into bite size chunks.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, in a separate bowl add the flower and cornstarch. Once the oil is heated, start by coating the chicken with the egg first, then drenching it with the flour and cornstarch mix and then drop into the oil to fry until golden and cooked all the way.
- As the chicken is cooking, dice the 1/2 onion and sweat them on a medium heat in a pan.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking and the onions are soft, start assembling the dish by adding the sauce that you've set aside in the beginning to the pan containing the onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the chicken and continue to cook until beautiful and sticky. You could also add some cooked broccoli to the sauce for extra nutrition.
- Finally, serve with some egg fried rice, or noodles.
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)