These would make a great edible gift for someone this Valentine’s day! For an extra touch, cut your strawberries into little hearts to top your cakes.
For the cakes:
- 60g Butter
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 60g Self-Raising Flour
For the icing:
- 75g Butter
- 50g Cream Cheese
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Strawberry Jam or Purée
- 3 Large Strawberries- halved
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- To make the cake batter, add all of the cake ingredients to a bowl and mix using an electric whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into 6 cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and cream cheese together, then gradually add the icing sugar until light and fluffy. Fold through 3tbsp of the strawberry jam/ purée so that it is a light pink colour.
- Once the cake is cooled, scoop out the centres and fill with the remaining jam. Then pipe a swirl of icing and top with half a strawberry.
- Serve and Enjoy!
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)