A traybake from Northern Ireland and the rest of Ulster, fifteens are a stable in afternoon confectionary. With a name as charming as it is honest, this sweet treat encapsulates the spirit of province!
15 glacé cherries
15 digestive biscuits
200ml condensed milk
100g desiccated coconut
- Blend the digestive biscuits in a food processor or crumble in a bag with a rolling pin.
- Cut the marshmallows and cherries into quarters
- Place the biscuits, marshmallows, cherries, and coconut into a mixing bowl
- Pour in the condensed milk and bring the mixture together. If the mixture is still dry, add a wee bit more milk.
- Lay out a large piece of cling film and empty the mixture onto it.
- Shape the mixture into a large sausage/log shape, then roll the cling film up.
- Twist the sides of the cling film to keep it tight and place in the fridge.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 10 hours.
- Cut the log into fifteen slices and serve!
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)